Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vintage Ads from Ladies Home Journal and Beauty Secrets


From LHJ The beauty secrets of Elizabeth Arden!


Vintage Ads to share:

For now this is all that I'm going to reveal, I have several other photographs I want to get. I actually had to take pictures of these instead of scanning them because the original magazine is so large in dimension. I had some problems where I was with the lighting and the paper wanting to glare. So if you see that I apologize. I quit taking them and as I settle in maybe I will find better lighting. I think it's getting there. Though I am missing my most important 'art lamp'! It disappeared somewhere never to be found along with a box of sorts. Oh hum... Normal moving... However! I did revitalize one of my mother's old recipes tonight from a 'cookie bar' into a breakfast "coffee cake bar" It's too hot yet to try but if it turns out as good as I think it will, I'll send out the recipe. And OH I can't wait to paint! I had been so 'grrrr' the other day and hurt so much that I threw up my hands and I got out my paints and made stuff.  Although that made me hurt more I had a reason to smile... I'm so close to being where I want to be it's almost scary...

No comments: